Friday, January 16, 2009

Kellie in Oz

Hi to everyone who remembers me. Hope everyone is running and training well. Also I hope you all had a great Chrissie and have a safe and Happy 2009. My training has had a bit of an interruption as I have just had my first child. We had a little boy, Tyler Joseph Macknamara, born on the 6th December weighing 6pd14 or 3.1kg. He is now 6 weeks old and growing fast....too fast!
.
I managed to run through my entire pregnancy and was out doing run/circuit training session the night before my waters broke. When I say "run" it was more like a glorified waddle. I think it was taking my over an hour to clock up 10km, but it was still good to be out there. With all the training I was certainly fit and strong enough to cope with the birth.
.
Tried to get back into running a little too early.....darn athletes, too keen. I attempted to jog about 2.5 weeks after having him....don't recommend it. So I am waiting until the 6 week mark and should be back into it. Life back in Oz is good, although I do miss Exmouth and the long Sunday runs with the Harriers. That run up over the cliffs is one of the most beautiful in the world. Well best fly have "mum" stuff to do.

Lots of love, Kellie and Tyler

No comments: