Tuesday, September 25, 2007

World Masters - Riccione, Italy

Just managed to track down John Perratt's results from Riccione, all V70 remember:

400 metres... 1:14.89 for 13th in the Semi-Final
800 metres... 7th in 2:43.51
1,500 metres... 6th in 5:41.09
5,000 metres... 4th in 20:03.62
10,000 metres... BRONZE Medal in 43:29.79

8k Cross Country... TEAM BRONZE with Eric Barber (Torbay) and Reg Checkley (Heaton)... John was 2nd in the race, so in addition to the team bronze won the INDIVIDUAL SILVER. The team were just 24 seconds off a team silver. Three medals in all... pretty impressive huh?

John, do let us know the gory details...

JOHN WRITES:

"Italy was a great experience although I possibly did too much and that was reflected in my 10k time. The semi finals for the 800 and 1500 were pretty straightforward but the pace certainly picked up in the finals. I was though pleased with my 400 time in the Quarter Finals when I did 1.12.06 and that got me a place in the 4x400 relay team where we came 4th.

The XC also went well and I did pick up Silver for that. In fact the race was postponed from the Tuesday because of a storm and was held on the Saturday, a rest day. We ran at about mid-day after we had done the 5k on the previous evening so rigor mortis hadn't quite set in.

We also managed a bit of sightseeing at the same time with local trips and further afield to San Marino and Venice. Since coming back I have picked up a nasty cold and feel achy and miserable so not sure that I will be goping to Newtown (BMAF 10K) this weekend. I will see how I feel later."

(RR)

No comments: