Saturday, July 28, 2007

Doug Anderson Memorial 5k, Bedford Park, Bedford

25 July 2007, 7:30 p.m.

31:24 MARVIN, Mandy Exmouth Harriers LV35 (last race before I 'graduate' to the next vet rank, I imagine!) 229 of a field of 251 finishers.

Total rubbish I was! I didn't even make10-minute/mile pace, and I know I'm capable of better than that. There was a bit of a head-wind and it wasalso overcast and a bit close, but not enough to really throw one off. Guess it was just atired-after-work, lagging lead-legs day. I didn't exactly cover the club with glory, but it WAS very nice to run in Exmouth Harriers colours again. ‘You’ve travelled a long way!’ said a few marshals. ('No, it only took me that long', I thought.)
.
The kit occasioned a few conversations, as well, including one with the chip-time result man, who told me that he enjoyed one of the most 'spiritually uplifting' run she's ever had on the South Coast Path stretch from Exmouth towards Beer, about 12 years ago. And another man (the one who won the V60 category) told me, in admiring tones, that he keeps an eye on John Perratt's times.
.
Finding my RfL result in your last race report gave me a good laugh, Les! I could tell the bush telegraph had been busy. By the way, it was confirmed by others on Wednesday night that the RfL course was short, which explains my actually really good time (for me!)of the 28:05. Also explains why I had a 6-something time over one of the Ks and 4-something the next!
.
Take care... Mandy

No comments: